A little muscle tightness after a workout is proof that you gave a little something extra, but you don’t want it to hang around long enough to impede your next session. Compression clothes have shown to shorten recovery time, getting you back out there even sooner.
5 Reasons You Recover Better with Compression Clothes
- Decreased muscle damage during exercise- Studies have shown that the less movement or vibration in a muscle during strenuous activity, the less muscle damage. Wearing compression during exercise helps stabilize the muscles. Read more on this from Runner’s World.
- Heat regulation – Compression clothes use targeted ventilation to keep you cool or warm depending on the climate while the moisture-wicking fabric to keep you dry. The less work your body does to keep you cool, the more blood flow to your performing muscles.
- Performance support- Compression clothes use researched technical fabrics that have multifaceted purposes, including zoned compression to increase blood flow. When the SportPort™ Zephyr Compression Tank Top is worn during exercise efficient recovery will begin as soon as you start to cool down.
- Injury prevention – Research shows tightly-fitted technical fabrics offer postural and joint support while restricting unnecessary muscle movement. Better form means less injury. Less injury means faster recovery.
- Reduce lactic acid build-up – Lactic acid is a waste by-product of exercise. Compression helps flush lactic acid so it doesn’t stick around and lead to muscle pain, fatigue, or cramping.
Compression clothes have become an essential component for the committed athlete. To learn more read Women’s Health article on The Compression Clothing Phenomenon. Don’t miss out on the benefits compression can offer your athletic game and if you needs tips on how to shop for it, read my previous SportPort™ blog Compression Clothing Quality vs. Quantity: Fitness Fashion.