Not only are fitness and exercise classes a safe and instructional option for working out, but they can help maximize your calorie burn to lose weight.
We tend to work harder if someone is watching and you can also feed off the energy of the motivated group. Try one of these top fitness or exercise classes to rev your body metabolism to lose weight.
Our Top Picks for the Best Fitness & Exercise Classes to Help Lose Weight:
- High-Intensity Interval Training – If you see these words or HIIT anywhere in the class description rest assured you will get a fat-burning workout. Your heart rate will be challenged to go up and down throughout these fitness classes with intense bursts of exercise followed by brief periods of rest. Studies show that not only do you burn a lot while you’re doing HIIT, but continue to rev your metabolism for hours after the fact. You will get addicted to the intensity!
- Indoor Cycling – This probably isn’t a big surprise to you, because everyone’s been talking about it for years…and are still talking about it. When a class becomes more than a trend, you know it’s worth checking out. Sweating it out to up-beat music and letting your feet fly is a definite way to make yourself feel like you burned a million calories. Although you may not add quite that many miles to your fitness tracker, you still will have done some good body work.
- Yoga – Yes, certain types of yoga classes are setup to not just calm the mind, but can really challenge and help shape your body too. Heated yoga classes or those setup with targeted days of challenges, like 21-day or 30-day challenges are some where you can work your body into shape by holding postures and flowing through movements, targeting your core and overall strength. While we hope to sweat out the calories, you certainly can lose weight through water, enjoying a rejuvenated feeling at the end. Sculpting those lean muscles means a higher resting metabolism which will help maintain a slimmer physique.
- Step Aerobics – Yes, this old school classic is a major calorie burner! By climbing up and down those plastic steps you are targeting a major muscle group and the more muscles you use, the more you lose weight. If you go to class enough times you can even memorize the routine to do on your own, at home, using your stairway. By safely securing your phone in your SportPort bra or fitness top you can play your favorite music as you hop around the stairs at home or in class!
- Boxing – Both boxing and kickboxing are great workouts! Working with a heavy bag can be especially awesome. Classes that include warming up with heart-pumping jump rope work followed by jabs, hooks, upper-cuts and so on with the heavy bags will rev up that body. You will feel confident and empowered by the end of class, ready to take on anything the day has to bring. Bonus: It’s so intense and exhilarating that you won’t notice how hard you’re actually working!
Our Top Picks of Local Area Fitness & Exercise Studios and Gyms local in Charlotte, NC & Nationwide:
Not sure which fitness or exercise class might be best or most fun for you? Check out a Class Pass. They are lined up with over 100 studios, gyms, and fitness centers all around Charlotte, NC and available Nationwide.
Never underestimate the power of a good instructor and motivating group of people when it comes to fitness or exercise classes. Don’t be scared to try something new, because everyone else was the new kid in class at one point too. Try a class and your body will thank you!